In order to apply for your visa, you need an original Letter of Invitation requested by the university/school from the Russian migration authority, or a Confirmation Letter from the Russian university/school, depending on course duration and your nationality.
The documents you need to apply for a student visa:
- A valid passport and a copy of its main page. Your passport has to be valid for at least 18 months from the start date of your Letter of Invitation.
- 1 passport photo (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm).
- A completed application form.
- A Letter of Invitation from the Migration Authority of Russia or a Confirmation Letter from the Russian university/school.
- Medical certificates and certificate of absence of HIV infection. Before applying for your visa, please make a copy of all your medical certificates as you will need these for registration on your first day at your chosen university/school.
- A copy of your student ID / A letter from your employer.
- For children under 18, notarised consent from both parents is needed.
People from certain countries can take Russian language course of up to 1 month on a tourist visa.
AS EACH COUNTRY HAS ITS OWN VISA REQUIREMENTS, YOU NEED TO CHECK THE EXACT LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH THE RUSSIAN EMBASSY IN YOUR COUNTRY.