The documents you need to apply for a student visa:
- A valid passport and a copy of its main page. Your passport has to be valid for at least 18 months from the start date of your Letter of Invitation.
- A Letter of Invitation from the Migration Authority of Russia or a Confirmation Letter from the Russian university/school.
- 1 passport photo (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm).
- A completed application form.
- A certificate of absence of HIV infection (for all applicants) and medical certificates (applicable to some universities and nationalities). Before applying for your visa, please make a copy of all your medical certificates as you will need these for registration on your first day at your chosen university/school.
- A copy of your student ID / A letter from your employer.
- Introductory Letter where you talk about yourself and give details about your study-trip.
- Bank statements for the last 3 months and a copy of flight tickets (applicable to certain nationalities).
- For children under 18, notarised consent from both parents is needed.
People from certain countries can take Russian language course of up to 1 month on a tourist visa.
AS EACH COUNTRY HAS ITS OWN VISA REQUIREMENTS, YOU NEED TO CHECK THE EXACT LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH THE RUSSIAN EMBASSY IN YOUR COUNTRY.
For more information on the visa application process, please watch this video.