In order to apply for your visa, you need an original Letter of Invitation requested by the university/school from the Russian migration authority, or a Confirmation Letter from the Russian university/school, depending on course duration and your nationality.
The documents you need to apply for a student visa:
- A valid passport and a copy of its main page. Your passport has to be valid for at least 18 months from the start date of your Letter of Invitation.
- 1 passport photo (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm).
- A completed application form.
- A Letter of Invitation from the Migration Authority of Russia or a Confirmation Letter from the Russian university/school.
- Medical certificates and certificate of absence of HIV infection. Before applying for your visa, please make a copy of all your medical certificates as you will need these for registration on your first day at your chosen university/school.
- A copy of your student ID / A letter from your employer.
- Introductory Letter where you talk about yourself and give details about your study-trip.
- For children under 18, notarised consent from both parents is needed.
People from certain countries can take Russian language course of up to 1 month on a tourist visa.
AS EACH COUNTRY HAS ITS OWN VISA REQUIREMENTS, YOU NEED TO CHECK THE EXACT LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH THE RUSSIAN EMBASSY IN YOUR COUNTRY.
For more information on the visa application process, please watch this video.