Gap Year in Russia
Benefits of doing your Gap Year in Russia:
You will broaden your horizons.
It will challenge your view of the world.
You will experience different culture.
You will make friends for life.
Amongst outcomes of spending your Gap Year studying Russian in Russia:
– You will improve your knowledge of Russian language (or learn it from the beginning!)
– You will improve your employability and enhance your CV through gaining valuable experience and skills.
– You will become more independent and mature.
– You will have tons of stories and memories to last a lifetime! You will simply have lots of fun!
We recommend doing the whole academic year in MSU or SPSU. Alternatively, you can combine both and study in two capitals!
STUDY AT ST PETERSBURG STATE UNIVERSITY
St Petersburg State University (SPSU) is the oldest university in Russia and is home to the highly-regarded Russian Language and Culture Institute. The institute has been providing Russian language instruction for over 60 years; its excellent professors have extensive experience of teaching Russian to foreigners.
St Petersburg State University is the most popular choice among our students!
Video about students’ experience at SPSU.
- Lessons cover grammar, phonetics, vocabulary, conversation, listening, reading and writing.
- Special emphasis is placed on developing conversation and writing skills so that you can build confidence in communicating in Russian.
- Depending on your entrance test results you will be placed in a group of your language level.
- You will have 20 academic hours per week with a 4-hour test every 4 weeks. 1 academic hour = 45 minutes.
- There are approximately 15 students per class.
- Flexible start date.
STUDY AT MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY
- Over 1000 students per year take Russian language courses at Moscow State University.
- Students from more than 130 countries have graduated from the institute with many of them continuing their studies in Russia.
- High quality lecturers and teachers. Amongst them the authors of the ‘Road to Russia’ textbook range.
- The Russian language exam can be taken at Moscow State University to get an official confirmation of your language proficiency.
- Famous alumni of Moscow State University include: Mikhail Gorbachev- Former President of USSR, Alexander Griboyedov- Poet, Mikhail Lermontov- Poet, Ivan Turgenev- Writer, Vadim Gerasimov- Co-creator of Tetris.
- According to QS World University Rankings, Moscow State University was ranked 4th among BRICS universities.
- The university is featured as one of the top 50 universities worldwide in subjects such as mathematics, linguistics, physics and modern languages and one of the top 100 for computer science.
SPEND YOUR GAP YEAR STUDYING IN TWO MAIN RUSSIAN UNIVERSITIES: ST PETERSBURG STATE UNIVERSITY + MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY
We recommend starting your course at St Petersburg State University in summer or autumn.
Then, you can continue your studies at Moscow State University starting from January.
Please remember: Whenever you change school, you need to apply for new visa. It is impossible to study in different universities on one visa.
For more information on how to arrange Gap Year both in St Petersburg and Moscow please get in touch with us.