Being the capital of Ukraine, Kiev is a political and business centre of the country. It is a city with a very rich history. In the ninth century, Kiev was a capital of Kievan Rus’, which was, at that time, a very powerful and influential state.
Nowadays, Kiev is seeing many changes and the city is rapidly evolving and developing. But it remains a beautiful city with many impressive churches and monuments, such as Kyevo-Pecherskaya Lavra, St Sophia’s Cathedral and the Motherland Monument. You can find a large number of cosy cafés, unique art galleries and restaurants that serve very tasty traditional Ukrainian food.
Being a Russian-speaking city, Kiev is a great place to study the Russian language and take a closer look at Russian history.
Kiev may not be an obvious destination where one can study Russian. However it is a very popular city among those looking to improve their Russian language skills.
Founded in 2001, NovaMova is one of the top language schools in the former Soviet Union. It has four branches: two schools in Ukraine (Kiev and Odessa), a school in Georgia (Batumi) and one in Moldova (Chisinau).
Key facts about NovaMova in Kiev:
- Located in the heart of the city.
- 11 classrooms equipped with air conditioning, DVD players, laptops and Wi-Fi.
- Theatre room with overhead projector; conference room for 20 people equipped with a Smart Board.
- An accredited member of several international organisations, including Eaquals (The European Association for Quality Language Service).
- Past students include an impressive number of government officials and students from major institutional organisations.
- The school organises visits by guest speakers and has clubs for peer coaching, Russian singing, cookery, Russian speaking and Russian movies.
- There is a library of written, visual, and audio materials that the school continuously updates.
NovaMova provides various Russian language courses:
- General Russian course
- Intensive Russian course – A top choice!
- One-to-one tuition
You can learn more about NovaMova by watching this video!
Host families (recommended)
-Single room with all necessities
-Location within 30 min from school (central zone) or up to 50 min (1 zone).
-Meal options: no meal/breakfast only/ breakfast and dinner.
Cost: from EUR 130 p/w
-Location within 15 min (downtown) or 30 min walk from school (central zone)
-Meals are not included, but there is a kitchen at students’ disposal.
Cost: upon request
-Private rooms for each student (max 3 students per apartment)
-Location within 30 min from school
-Common bathroom and kitchen
-Meals not included
Cost: from EUR 235 p/w
- Visa-free destination for nationals of EU, USA, Canada and many other countries for stays of 90 days.
- Please note that there are additional fees such as enrolment fee and accommodation finding fee.
- Strict cancelation policy (a 2‐week notice – no cancellation fees).
- Check in with host families is at 14:00 on Sundays, checkout is before 12:00 on Saturdays; the same applies to apartments.
– Flexible dates: can start on any Monday.
– Beginners have fixed start dates.
Tuition fees for 2019:
- EUR 185 p/w (1-4 week course)
- EUR 285 p/w (1-4 week course)
- EUR 200 p/w (10 lessons p/w). Depends on number of lessons per week and course length.
Language Plus Modules (Business Russian, Preparation for TORFL exam)
- EUR 285 p/w (1-4 week course)
Please see the “Accommodation” section.
Accommodation placement fee: EUR 30
High season supplement on One-to-One lessons: + 20% to the “Language Plus Modules” rates (applicable to one-to-one lessons in period between 27/05/2019 and 13/09/2019)
- Full tuition and accommodation (if applicable) fees must be paid prior to arrival
- We can issue the invoice in any of these currencies: GBP, USD, EUR
See what our clients have to say
In general, I had a wonderful time… Saint Petersburg is beautiful and it was great to be able to explore this city.
The university is brilliant and the classes so far have been really useful, the university have worked with us to find the most suitable class for our level of Russian. The flat that we have moved into is beautiful. Everything has run so smoothly. We have made great friends and I know already that I am not going to want to leave St Petersburg.
I felt very supported throughout the application process. Alena was fantastic.
The EBC Consultancy was extremely helpful and thorough with their information and guidance prior to and throughout my study abroad in Russia. They assisted in solving any problems I had with visa/study/general enquiries efficiently and promptly.
Thanks for all of your help throughout my time abroad and beforehand!