Riga is the capital of Latvia which is situated in the Baltic region of Europe. Once belonging to the USSR, today Latvia is a European Union member and a frequented tourist destination for Europeans. Major landmarks such as The Freedom Monument, St Peter’s Church, Vermanes Gardens and The Nativity Cathedral all make up the very pretty centre of Riga. During the summer you can even spend time at the beach!
Riga is an ideal city to learn Russian in for those who would like to study Russian whilst discovering the Latvian culture and way of life and do not want to go to Russia. Studying Russian in Latvia also allows European students to travel there without the necessity of a visa.
Riga, the capital of Latvia, is a Russian speaking city and is a popular destination for a short breaks among many Europeans. It is a classical European city with cosy town centre and residential areas on the outskirts. Vibrant social life and experimental restaurants, modern art centres, central market and many more make Riga a great destination for both holidays and studying.
EBC represents Liden & Denz School whose one of the campuses is located in Riga.
Established in 1992, Liden & Denz is one of the oldest private Russian language schools with a worldwide reputation as a first-class training facility.
Key facts about the school:
- Liden & Denz school is internationally recognised, inspected and well known.
- The school features attractive modern facilities.
- Courses at all levels are run all year round with dates, programmes are identical in all centres.
- Intensive teaching in small groups is combined with a personal, communicative approach and a friendly atmosphere. This keeps motivation high as students quickly progress.
- Commitment to quality: a clear course syllabus, frequent host family checks, and detailed entry and exit questionnaires.
- An impressive number of international businesses have studied Russian at Liden & Denz, including LEGO, Yamaha, British Airways, IKEA, BBC and many more.
Learn about studying at Liden & Denz by watching this video.
Courses available at Liden & Denz Riga:
• General (20 lessons p/w) and Intensive Russian (25 lessons p/w)
• One-to-One Lessons (at school and home)
Host Family (recommended)
- Single room
- Breakfast or half-board package
- Bathroom and kitchen are shared with the family
EUR 180 p/w
EUR 60 p/w half-board supplement
EUR 20 p/w private bathroom supplement
EUR 70 p/w executive family supplement
Shared flat (18+)
- Single room (ensuite rooms available) in up to 4 bedrooms apartments
- Centrally located; walkable distance to Liden & Denz campus
- Shared kitchen and bathroom
EUR 220 p/w for single room
EUR 290 p/w for single ensuite in the school building
- Close to campus
- Limited availability
Cost: from EUR 30 to EUR 65 per night
Placement fee: EUR 200
- Available upon request
Cost: upon request
- Please note that there are additional fees such as enrolment fee, high season supplement. (applicable to most courses in period between 27.05.19 and 22.09.19) and mailing fee (if applicable).
- Please remember that if you hold EU passport, you can study in Latvia visa-free.
- Courses of beginners have fixed start dates. Students of other levels can start any Monday.
- Beginners must be familiar with the Cyrillic alphabet.
- Liden & Denz is using its own textbooks.
- Flexible dates: can start on any Monday.
- Beginners have fixed start dates.
- The school is closed during Latvian public holidays.
Tuition fees for 2018:
- Prices start from EUR 280 p/w and are degrading depending on the number of weeks
- Prices start from EUR 360 p/w and are degrading depending on the number of weeks
- Prices start from EUR 535 p/w and depend on number of lessons per week and course length
- Additional lesson (can be booked as a supplement to Full-time courses): EUR 50
Enrolment fee: EUR 90
Mailing fee (if applicable): EUR 45 (Europe); EUR 60 (rest of the world)
Visa support fee (applicable if Latvian visa or residence permit is required): EUR 40
High season supplement: EUR 60 p/w (applicable to most courses in period between 27.05.19 and 22.09.19)
- Full tuition and accommodation (if applicable) fees must be paid prior to arrival.
- We can issue the invoice in any of these currencies: GBP, USD, EUR.
See what our clients have to say
In general, I had a wonderful time… Saint Petersburg is beautiful and it was great to be able to explore this city.
The university is brilliant and the classes so far have been really useful, the university have worked with us to find the most suitable class for our level of Russian. The flat that we have moved into is beautiful. Everything has run so smoothly. We have made great friends and I know already that I am not going to want to leave St Petersburg.
I felt very supported throughout the application process. Alena was fantastic.
The EBC Consultancy was extremely helpful and thorough with their information and guidance prior to and throughout my study abroad in Russia. They assisted in solving any problems I had with visa/study/general enquiries efficiently and promptly.
Thanks for all of your help throughout my time abroad and beforehand!