Irkutsk is known as the capital of Eastern Siberia and is the most popular stop on the famous Trans-Siberian Railway, which stretches between Moscow and Vladivostok. The quickest way to get to Irkutsk is to fly from Moscow (which takes approximately six hours).
In recent years, Irkutsk has become a very popular tourist destination, as it gives a glimpse of the Siberian lifestyle, which is distinct from that in major Russian cities like Moscow and Saint Petersburg. The city is a combination of the old and the new: wooden houses and beautiful churches alongside modern museums and art cafés.
Lake Baikal, a main UNESCO Heritage Site, is located an hour’s drive from Irkutsk and is definitely a must-see destination.
Irkutsk is a popular choice among those who want to get a more deeper understanding of a typical Russian lifestyle.
We recommend to combine Irkutsk with one the larger cities like Moscow and St Petersburg in order to get a more diverse experience of studying and living in Russia.
Liden & Denz is one of the oldest private Russian language schools, with campuses in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Irkutsk and Riga. Having taught people from a large number of multinational businesses – such as Yamaha, British Airways, DHL and IKEA – the school has gained a worldwide reputation as a first-class training facility.
Interesting facts about Liden & Denz in Irkutsk:
- Located in the heart of the city in a recently renovated landmark building.
- Group tuition is available in winter (February–March) and summer (June–September).
- One-to-one classes are available throughout the year.
- A friendly and small school with a maximum capacity of 50 students.
- Six modern classrooms equipped with up-to-date devices, along with sound isolation and free Wi-Fi.
- Groups are small, with a maximum of eight students, ensuring productive learning.
- Major sightseeing destinations are within walking distance of the school.
- Located well for outdoor activities and exploring the surrounding areas.
Liden & Denz offers the following Russian language courses in Irkutsk:
- General Russian course
- Intensive Russian course
- One-to-one tuition
- Combined course (General Russian + one-to-one classes) – A top choice!
You can learn more about Liden & Denz’s Irkutsk school by watching this video!
Host Family (recommended)
- Single room (double rooms are also available on request)
- Breakfast or half-board package
- Bathroom and kitchen are shared with the family
Cost: EUR 210 p/w; EUR 30 p/w half-board supplement
Shared flat (18+)
- Single room
- Centrally located; within walking distance to school and close to underground station
- Bed linen, towels, washing machine and kitchen equipment are provided
Cost: EUR 180 p/w
- Available upon request
- Group classes are available in winter and summer time only.
- A very important minimum requirement for all group courses is passive knowledge of the Cyrillic alphabet.
- By choosing Liden & Denz, you get a chance to study in three capitals of Russia (Moscow, St Petersburg aka the cultural capital of the country and Irkutsk which is also known as the capital of Siberia)!
- You can study in all three locations on one visa. You do not need to apply for another visa should you wish to take a course with Liden & Denz in another city.
- Flexible dates for individual classes
- Fixed start dates for group classes (winter and summer intakes only)
Tuition fees for 2019:
- Prices start from EUR 280 p/w and are degrading depending on the number of weeks
- Prices start from EUR 360 p/w and are degrading depending on the number of weeks
- Prices start from EUR 400 p/w and depend on number of lessons per week and course length
- Additional lesson (can be booked as a supplement to Full-time courses): EUR 35
Please see the “Accommodation” section.
Enrolment fee: EUR 120
Mailing fee: EUR 45 (Europe); EUR 60 (rest of the world)
- Full tuition and accommodation (if applicable) fees must be paid prior to arrival
- We can issue the invoice in any of these currencies: GBP, USD, EUR
See what our clients have to say
In general, I had a wonderful time… Saint Petersburg is beautiful and it was great to be able to explore this city.
The university is brilliant and the classes so far have been really useful, the university have worked with us to find the most suitable class for our level of Russian. The flat that we have moved into is beautiful. Everything has run so smoothly. We have made great friends and I know already that I am not going to want to leave St Petersburg.
I felt very supported throughout the application process. Alena was fantastic.
The EBC Consultancy was extremely helpful and thorough with their information and guidance prior to and throughout my study abroad in Russia. They assisted in solving any problems I had with visa/study/general enquiries efficiently and promptly.
Thanks for all of your help throughout my time abroad and beforehand!