Moscow is the capital of the Russian Federation and is one of the largest cities in the world. The city’s most iconic sights include: The Moscow Kremlin, St Basil’s Cathedral, Red Square and the Bolshoi Theatre!
Whilst being a city of long-established traditions, Moscow has a lot to offer the contemporary society with its modern art centres, unique cafés and restaurants, parks and museums spread throughout the city. Needless to say, it is an ideal environment for foreign students.
Being one of the world’s largest and fast-paced cities, Moscow offers great environment for foreign students.
Moscow ranked 39th among Best Cities for Students according to QS 2017.
Depending on your goals and duration of the course, EBC recommends two schools in Moscow:
Lomonosov Moscow State University and private Russian language school Liden & Denz.
Key facts about The Institute of Russian Language and Culture and Moscow State University:
- Over 1000 students per year take Russian language courses at Moscow State University.
- Students from more than 130 countries have graduated from the institute with many of them continuing their studies in Russia.
- High quality lecturers and teachers. Amongst them the authors of the ‘Road to Russia’ textbook range.
- The Russian language exam can be taken at Moscow State University to get an official confirmation of your language proficiency.
- Famous alumni of Moscow State University include: Mikhail Gorbachev- Former President of USSR, Alexander Griboyedov- Poet, Mikhail Lermontov- Poet, Ivan Turgenev- Writer, Vadim Gerasimov- Co-creator of Tetris.
- According to QS World University Rankings, Moscow State University was ranked 4th among BRICS universities.
- The university is featured as one of the top 50 universities worldwide in subjects such as mathematics, linguistics, physics and modern languages and one of the top 100 for computer science.
Courses taught at the Institute:
– General Russian (one or two semesters)
– University preparation
– Summer course (July/ August)
MSU can potentially arrange homestay accommodation*.
For more information about the accommodation options available in Moscow, please get in touch with us.
* Subject to availability.
1. For students of intermediate and advanced levels taking General Russian course MSU offers a following programme:
– 26 academic hours per week (5 days a week).
– The programme includes 18 academic hours of Russian language studies and 8 hours of elective subjects (chosen by the student) that currently include:
- Colloquial Russian
- Difficulties of Russian grammar
- Language of Russian Mass Media
- “The Russian World”
- Business Russian
- Russian History and Literature
2. Usually, the Letter of Invitation is ready one month prior to your departure regardless of when you submit your application form and passport.
Academic Year: September 2018 – June 2019
Semester 1: 3 September 2018 – 23 December 2018 (16 weeks)
Recommended arrival date: from August, 30.
Cost: USD 2,500
Semester 2: 14 January 2019 – 16 June 2019 (22 weeks)
Recommended arrival date: January, 9.
Cost: USD 3,400
Academic Year 2018/2019
Cost: USD 5,800
Summer courses: 3-8 weeks (2 July 2019 – 26 August 2019)
Recommended arrival dates: June, 28 and July, 26.
Cost: USD 215 per week.
Established in 1992, Liden & Denz is one of the oldest private Russian language schools with a worldwide reputation as a first-class training facility.
Useful information about Liden & Denz Moscow:
- Liden & Denz school is internationally recognised, inspected and well known.
- The school features attractive modern facilities.
- Courses at all levels are run all year round with dates, programmes are identical in all centres.
- Intensive teaching in small groups is combined with a personal, communicative approach and a friendly atmosphere. This keeps motivation high as students quickly progress.
- Liden & Denz is an official Telc examination centre. The popular Russian language exam can be taken year-round once per month.
- Commitment to quality: a clear course syllabus, frequent host family checks, and detailed entry and exit questionnaires.
- An impressive number of international businesses have studied Russian at Liden & Denz, including LEGO, Yamaha, British Airways, IKEA, BBC and many more.
Learn about studying at Liden & Denz by watching this video!
Courses available at Liden & Denz Moscow :
• General Russian (20 lessons p/w) and Intensive Russian (25 lessons p/w)
• One-to-One Lessons (at school and home)
• Theme-Specific Courses
• Junior Programme
Host Family (recommended)
- Single room (double rooms are also available on request)
- Breakfast or half-board package
- Bathroom and kitchen are shared with the family
Cost: EUR 210 p/w; EUR 70 p/w half-board supplement
Shared flat (18+)
- Single room
- Centrally located; within walking distance to school and close to underground station
- Bed linen, towels, washing machine and kitchen equipment are provided
Cost: EUR 220 p/w
- Available upon request
- Please note that there are additional fees such as enrolment fee, high season supplement (applicable to most courses in period between 21.05.18 and 23.09.18) and mailing fee (if applicable).
- Courses of beginners have fixed start dates. Students of other levels can start any Monday.
- Beginners must be familiar with the Cyrillic alphabet.
- You can take a course up to 4 weeks on a Tourist visa.
- Maximum duration of the course on a Russian Student visa is 12 weeks.
- Liden & Denz is using its own textbooks.
-Flexible dates: can start on any Monday.
-Beginners have fixed start dates.
-The school is closed during Russian public holidays.
Tuition fees for 2018:
- Prices start from EUR 280 p/w and are degrading depending on the number of weeks
- Prices start from EUR 360 p/w and are degrading depending on the number of weeks
- Prices start from EUR 535 p/w and depend on number of lessons per week and course length
- Additional lesson (can be booked as a supplement to Full-time courses): EUR 50
Language Plus Modules (Business Russian, Russian Music, Russian Literature)
- EUR 180 p/w (5 lessons per week as an addition to General Russian or One-to-One lessons)
Enrolment fee: EUR 90 (course up to 4 weeks); EUR 120 (course longer than 4 weeks)
Mailing fee: EUR 45 (Europe); EUR 60 (rest of the world)
High season supplement: EUR 60 p/w (applicable to most courses in period between 21.05.18 and 23.09.18)
Internship placement fee: EUR 250
- Full tuition and accommodation (if applicable) fees must be paid prior to arrival.
- We can issue the invoice in any of these currencies: GBP, USD, EUR.
See what our clients have to say
The EBC Consultancy was extremely helpful and thorough with their information and guidance prior to and throughout my study abroad in Russia. They assisted in solving any problems I had with visa/study/general enquiries efficiently and promptly.
Thanks for all of your help throughout my time abroad and beforehand!
“First of all I would like to say thank you for help me since first step to study in Russia. It would be very hard without you. It was very nice time to talk with you in St. Petersburg. And I planed to study Master degree next year in Russia.”
“Our lessons at university are interesting; we had to take a small test to determine our ability, and then we are put into groups. However, you are able to move groups if you feel it is below your capabilities or too difficult. EBC Consultancy were very helpful in organising the course and transfer to the airport.”
“I was pleased with the fact that we only had to attend classes in the morning, so we could do a lot of sightseeing in the afternoon. St. Petersburg became one of my favourite cities; the museums are incredible and (if you speak a little bit of Russian) the people are very kind and helpful – especially the babooshka’s in the museums, who are really eager to show you around and tell you everything they know about certain works of art.”